Effects of Smoking on Fertility-Dr. Aarti
Smoking causes serious fertility problems in both men and women.
• Chemicals in a cigarette can lead to a loss of eggs. Also, the woman who smoke experience menopause a few years earlier than women who don’t smoke.
• In males, smoking can reduce sperm count, their quality & ability to move.
• It can increase numbers of abnormally shaped sperms.
• Not only this, but smoking also decreases the sperm’s ability to fertilize eggs.
• The risk of fertility problems increases with the number of cigarettes smoked daily.
• It can increase miscarriage rates, premature birth & results in unhealthy pregnancy
Quitting smoking seems to be very difficult to smokers but it’s essential to take an expert’s advice to get out of this. It will not only boosts the chances of conceiving but improve your overall health.
Let’s Pledge on World No Tobacco Day (31st May)-
STOP SMOKING !!