Women can have following health issues related to infertility-
- In some women, no egg is released from the ovaries
- Due to blocked fallopian tubes, entry of sperm is restricted.
- The quality of eggs is poor
- Uterine fibroids
What are the tests performed to diagnose infertility in women?
- Blood test to measures hormone levels to check if a woman is ovulating
- Ovarian reserve testing- a test that determines the quality and quantity of eggs
- Hysterosalpingography- evaluates the condition and checks for blockages in the uterus and fallopian tubes.
- Imaging tests
- Other hormone tests- checks the level of ovulatory hormones and pituitary hormones, which controls the process of reproduction
Common Signs of Infertility in Women –
- Irregular periods
- Painful or heavy periods
- No periods
- Symptoms of hormone fluctuations
- Painful intercourse