High Risk PregnancyDr. Aarti
Pregnancy is a challenging phase in a woman’s life. So, it’s essential to go through this phase smoothly. Unfortunately, pregnancy becomes more challenging for some women as it brings other health complications.
Generally, there are some factors which may be risk factors before pregnancy, like –
1. Age of pregnant woman- If the age of a woman is less than 17 or greater than 35, there are some complications like miscarriage & other genetic defects.
2. Other medical conditions – Medical conditions like high BP, kidney or heart problems, diabetes, HIV, hepatitis etc.
Risk factors during pregnancy-
1. Uterine anomalies – Problems related to uterus
2. Premature birth or multiple births
3. Fetal development problems
How to prevent these pregnancy risks?
1. Folic acid & vitamines intake as per the prescription
2. Eating a healthy diet & maintaining a healthy lifestyle
3. Regular checkup & following customized treatment plan if you have other medical conditions.